I have a holistic approach to teaching the violin, which considers physical, mental, emotional, and psychological factors. My main goals are:
- To give the tools to the student to achieve their highest potential.
- To eventually achieve student independence from teacher.
- To encourage student into making their own artistic decisions while retaining technical precision and stylistic taste.
- Focusing on: posture, technique, musicality, performance, artistry, stage presence, stage fright, sytlistic decisions, mental focus, business and promotional aspects.
I help students with:
- Technique, études, studies and exercises
- Solo pieces
- Orchestral and school auditons
- Touring practice and performance management
- Recording techniques
- How to chose the right instrument, bow, accessory
- Non-classical genres include: jazz, pop, rock, fiddle, gypsy, ethnic, folk
- Chamber ensembles with or without piano (duos, trios, quartets, quintes, sextets)
- String Orchestra